Cool Web Sites from 1996!
Cyber-beach is a legacy site from the beginning of the pop web culture -
went live: September 02 1996
It has remained online and unchanged as a web museum! It is one of
the oldest privately created web sites still on the net today.
Back to the days when electric postcatds with Supermodels like
Pamela Anderson, Cindy Crawford, Elle McPherson and even Lara Croft were
all the rage. A personals page and Jimmy Buffet, Blues Festivals, spring
breaks, beach bars and the Tampa Bay Blues Festival and Guavaween are in
the limelight. Some of this is no longer functioning and some links are long gone.
When This Site Was Built -
- Netscape Navigator was "the only" browser - and it cost $89.00!
- Yahoo! was the only serious "search engine".
- Actually, Yahoo wasn't a "search engine" then - it was a directory
- I used to phone in new sites to Yahoo - for indexing!!
- There was no such thing as SEO
- There was no such thing as spam
- Hundreds of thousands of people sent
Lara Croft Postcards from this site - every month!
- There was no such thing as profit
- But nobody got viruses ;-}
- Check out the campy, retro, 90's design style here -
Pete Beach / Beach Bars, Circa 1996
© 1996 seUP.net